As social entities, we spend a lot of time and effort in communication with others. Mastering the art of communication increases our chances of success in both professional and personal lives. Any performance improvement here will directly lead to benefits for your team, your job and your personal life. Communication skills can be learned and mastered through persistent practice.
The Communication Skills Training Materials offered by Skills Convergedfocuses on core concepts vital to successful communication such as Styles of Communication, Effective Listeningand Questioning Skills, Assertiveness, Empathy and more. To master communication skills, extensive interactive and hands-on exercises are provided during the training course which encourage learning and increase the delegates’ confidence.
This course has been designed to accommodate two types of delegates with different communication needs; one group are co-workers who already know each other and want to improve their intercommunication skills and the other group are those delegates who don’t know each other or have not worked in the same team before. This group could include anyone from newly employed floor worker to managers, executives and team leaders. The course contains various optional content that you can use to tailor the course based on your delegates’ needs.
In this highly practical course delegates will learn:
- What is an ideal communication?
- What are different styles of communication?
- What are the 4 orientations in effective communication and how does each person’s style impact their communication with you?
Interacting with People
- What does it mean to be assertive and how can you achieve it?
- How to provide feedback to others so they take your word seriously
- How can you avoid appearing aggressive?
- How to use systematic methods to evaluate what you know about yourself and what you know about others
- How to learn which areas you need to work on to improve yourself based on other people’s impression of you
- How to ask the right questions at the right time
- How to get what you want and stay friends
- How to address uncomfortable issues and prepare others to open up to you
- What are the differences between open and closed questions and how can you take advantage of each?
- How to seamlessly guide a conversation towards the direction of your choice
- What causes misunderstanding?
- How can you minimise misunderstanding?
- How can stereotyping affect your communication?
- How to use active listening to gain rapport and commitment
- When should you use first person sentences when communicating with others and when should you use second person?
Empathy & Emotional Intelligence
- What is the effect of empathy on communication?
- How to use a simple empathic technique to construct sentences based on what you hear from others and make an empathic communication
- How to handle phone conversations
- How to put people on hold
- How to transfer a phone call to someone else
- How to end a phone call
- How can you read people through their body language and understand their motives better?
- What gestures should you be aware of?
- What are the differences between open and closed body gestures and how do they impact your communication with others?
- How to spot lies
- How to control your voice to get maximum effect
Course Duration: 1 Day
Course Level: Beginners & Intermediate
You can make more friends in two month by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.Dale Carnegie
Communication skills can be learned systematically and mastered through persistent practice.Raja Shamri